Design studio V Academic project, I was tasked to design a Student Union Building for the University's main campus.
• Location and date: The site is located within the permanent site of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria, 2018.
• My role in this project: Designed working drawings and presentation drawings including 3d renders.
• Software I used: AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Lumion 3D and Adobe Photoshop.
The design of a new student union centre will be a unique destination that serves as a dynamic gathering place for students to meet, eat, study and play. Furthermore, it will serve as a place where students interact and grow a vibrant student community on the university campus.
• During the design process, care was taken to ensure an easy flow through the building’s spaces. A core of functions clusters around the edges while open spaces in the middle of the building, the corridors allow for a natural pathway, creating a sense of discovery as spaces unfold.
• I used AutoCAD for drafting the floor plans, elevations and sectional views. I also made use of ArchiCAD for 3D modelling and Lumion 3D for making rendered views.
My design puts to work all the strengths of the site and surrounding areas by integrating with them and solving the weaknesses of the site while creating new opportunities for a livable environment.
Schematic design of a reception desk and back wall for ORACLE Lagos.
The company I worked with were tasked with designing a desk and back wall joinery unit for an office space.
• Type: Joinery units.
• Location and date: Lagos, Nigeria, 2017.
• Status of the project: Built.
• My role in this project: Creating Shop drawings specifying dimensions and materials needed.
• Software I used: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Lumion 3D, Adobe Photoshop.
• Drawings will be sent to the manufacturer for accurate production of the designed joinery units.
• As an Intern I was tasked with drafting, detailing and specifying materials assigned to each surface.
• I Created drawings from schematic designs to detailed shop drawings.
• I used AutoCAD for drafting the plans, elevations and sectional views. I also made use of Sketchup for 3D modelling and Lumion 3D for making rendered views.